The California Air Resources Board (CARB) has appointed ten new members to the Environmental Justice Advisory Committee (EJAC), bringing the total number of members to 21.
The newly appointed representatives are:
- David Campbell, United Steelworkers
- Demi Espinoza, Environmental Fellow Program National Parks Conservation Association
- Simeon Gant, Green Technical Education and Employment
- Angel Garcia, Californians for Pesticide Reform
- Georgette Gomez, Toyon Strategies
- John Harriel Jr., International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers
- John Kevin Jefferson III, Urban Releaf
- Tiffany Lee McDaniel, Strategic Concepts in Organizing & Policy Education
- Amee Raval, Asian Pacific Environmental Network
- Sarina Vega, Casa Familiar
The EJAC was created under the California Global Warming Solutions Act of 2006 to help advise the board in developing the climate change scoping plan. It was integral to the development of the first scoping plan of 2008 and the updates of 2013 and 2017.